The OLS249 consists of an LED that is optically coupled to an N-P-N silicon phototransistor, which is mounted and coupled in a custom hermetic surface mount technology (SMT) leadless chip carrier (LCC) package.
The low input current makes the OLS249 well-suited for direct Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) to Low Power Schottky Transistor-Transistor Logic (LSTTL) / TTL interfaces.
- Electrical parameters guaranteed over –55 °C to +125 °C ambient temperature range
- 1500 VDC electrical isolation
- Low input current: 0.5 mA
- Low output VSAT: 0.1 V typical
- High current transfer ratio (CTR): 1000% typical
- Low power consumption
- Similar to industry standard parts: 6N138/6N139 in plastic and 6N140 in hermetic dual inline packages (DIPs)
- Offers 100% high reliability screenings
The OLS400 has a high CTR at low input currents, making it ideal for applications such as Metal Oxide Semiconductors (MOS), Complementary MOSs (CMOS), and low-power logic interfacing or RS-232C data transmission systems.
Each OLS400 has an LED and integrated photodiode Darlington detector I/C, mounted and coupled in a custom hermetic surface-mount Leadless Chip Carrier (LCC) package that provides 1500 VDC electrical isolation between the input and output.
The Darlington detector has an integrated base-to-emitter resistor for superior high-temperature performance. The split Darlington design permits lower output saturation voltage and higher switching speed operation than is possible with conventional photo-Darlington designs.
Device mounting is achieved with reflow soldering or conductive epoxies. The pads are gold plated and RoHS compliant.